Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What I've been up to

I've been busy the last few days! Half of my Christmas money from my grandfather is gone, but I have something to show for it--which you will see below. First, I feel like I need to report my spending after the last post. That's the problem with spilling my guts online--now I feel like I have to follow up and give an accounting.

Friday's Target outing was more expensive than I had hoped. And I know that "hoping" I spend less money isn't quite the same as "planning" to spend less money, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. The prescriptions were more than I had thought--one of them is a brand, no generic available, so it was $40, not $10. Bummer. Then the rest of my shopping pretty much stayed on list until I got to the Valentine's section. I ended up buying heart-shaped lollipops for the girls to tape to their valentines, and I bought M&Ms and Hershey Kisses to make "twisted kisses" for Bobby's class--and for us! This will be the last time I run down expenses in a post--I'm boring myself.

Saturday, I headed to Jo-ann Fabric full of ideas. I stopped at a quilting place first, but I got so overwhelmed by all the great fabrics that I had to leave. I wasn't really sure what my next project was going to be. I have several (8 or 9) ideas floating around in my head, but nothing is definite enough to start purchasing material. While I was at Joann, I got the idea to make a skirt for the girls' nightstand. It's one of those $5 tables with the screw-in legs. I couldn't find the tablecloth I had used on it previously, so it's just been in their room all naked and ugly. I'll let the pictures tell the tale.


This is what their nightstand looked like before (minus all the junk and toys around and on it).

And this is after!



Here is a close-up.


So now I'm onto another project. Don't know what that is exactly, but I'll be sure to post when I'm done.

No comments: