For the placket, I cut a piece of the fabric on the bias. I also shortened the placket quite a bit, but I cut the opening too wide. Since I couldn't slip-stitch the bottom of the placket together (as the directions tell you to do), I used a strip of fabric to fill in the gap.And I absolutely love it! The whole thing went together pretty quickly, and the sizing was good (I made a small). Over the weekend, I had tried to make the Yard Sale Wrap Skirt, and that was almost a complete disaster. It was great to have a good experience with this project.
In fact, I raided my stash and found more fabric to make another! It's already cut...this could be my new summer wardrobe.