Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Summer Blouse--take two

I told you I liked this blouse.

For this one, I shortened the placket even more, and I also shortened the sleeves (though they're rolled way up in this picture). Turns out I didn't really shorten them enough. They're so long in the pattern that I would have had to take another 3-4" off to get them to a 3/4 length. Oh, well--not the end of the world.

I used a vintage button. For the bias tape, I got all excited about using this cherry print fabric. I folded all of it inside at the neckline. The directions tell you to fold it in half so some of it is exposed, but I thought that the white would be too distracting. So I hid it all inside like a yummy surprise.
I used the bias tape along the hem of the bottom and the sleeves.
This is a fun pattern that sews up quickly. I reserve the right to make this again!

4 comments:

Hadley Makes said...

Oh, so cute! I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog via your kind comment on mine. I've been doing a lot of sewing lately, and have been looking for inspiration.

Unknown said...

Looks great Meg!

caknitter said...

Your blouse looks so fresh and airy for the summer. I love the colorful bias tape. This might be the inspiration I needed to finally start sewing this week. Thanks for sharing.

Journeying Five said...

Looks great on you...way to go! two down!