Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday already?

I tell you, we are still trying to get into a groove with the computer-sharing. Looking for a job clearly takes precedence over my posting my latest crafty endeavors, but I'm blown away by the fact that yet another week has passed!

As you know, May is Birthday Season around here, so I've been sewing like crazy. Here's the latest:

I finally bought Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. The large Everything Tote is a beach bag for my mother in law. The smaller version is for my niece. I love, love, love this pattern--both sizes, and I hope to make one for myself one of these days.
Our neighbor across the street is receiving her first communion tomorrow, so I made her a doll. The pattern is from Stitched in Time by Alicia Paulson. A mom from Bobby's preschool class asked me if I would make a bag for her to be a gift for her niece. Pay me? To SEW? Um, yes, please! If the economy were better (and Rob were employed), I'd seriously consider making a whole bunch of bags and hitting the craft show circuit.

And this is a linen tote...this was originally going to be the beach bag for my m-i-l, but it came out way smaller than I'd envisioned. Lack of foresight on my part...so I will find another home for this one. Possibly on my shoulder.

And that's pretty much it for this week. I'm working on several other projects--there's Mother's Day and another birthday party next week, so I'll be happily busy. And I'll probably get back here around the same time next week.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Meg! You've been busy :) Love all the bags - that ruffle is fun!