Thursday, January 3, 2008

Back to the grind

It's Thursday night already--now that the kids are back in school, the clock has picked up speed again. Yesterday was their first day back and boy, was it a doozie. Wednesdays are always crazy, what with the two dance classes. I had to set the alarm so we'd be up at a decent time. Nobody in the house has seen seven a.m. since Christmas day! We've all been sleeping until after eight--a minor miracle. The last couple of mornings have been rough.

I took down all the Christmas decorations today. Now the house looks naked, like when I was in school and the teachers took down all the classroom stuff at the end of the year. Of course, the stores are all fully stocked with Valentine's Day goodies already, so we could go ahead and buy candy for the next holiday! It's ridiculous!

Maybe over the weekend I'll have time to ruminate on my lack of resolutions...or maybe I'll get out to one of those sustainable farms I've been looking into!

Happy New Year!

No comments: