Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday again?


Jeez, where does the time go--another week has gone by already? Here's a tip for all you would-be commenters: the comment won't show up right away. I have to "moderate" it, meaning I get to read and then choose to click the "publish" button to make it visible on the blog. So keep trying, they'll show up eventually.


In the TMI category, it's approaching that lovely time of the month again, so mood swings and chocolate cravings abound! I was wondering out loud to Rob yesterday--are the kids really being holy terrors or is it my PMS that is making me unable to tolerate them? I swear Caitlin was screaming much more today than in recent memory, and it's like fingernails down a blackboard to me. Time to pop a vitamin B and hope for the best.


Rob is taking tomorrow off, and we are planning a trip to Dutch Wonderland (or Ditch Wonderland, as Caitlin calls it) if the weather holds. One of the bonuses of this trip is that we drive right by the outlet mall--the one that has a Pottery Barn/Williams-Sonoma outlet! We went to Ditch Wonderland last year, and before we went in the park, we ate at a Bob Evans restaurant. I'd never eaten at one. You think they'd give some sort of special treat to people with the same name as the restaurant, but the waitress barely blinked--and we had a Rob Evans and a Bobby Evans at the table! What gives!


This upcoming week, I have the fun chore of taking our dog to the vet. He needs his shots updated before we board him at the end of the month. Fletch is old and stinky, and any time I take him in the car, his whole body shakes. Should be fun with three kids in tow!

2 comments:

ColleenDV said...

Hi Meg! What is Dutch (Ditch) Wonderland? And, is Fletch going into boarding due to the Evans Family holiday week? Our neighbor just named their newborn son Fletcher-and all I ever think of is your dog when I hear them refer to the baby! Here are some summer reads for you (very beachy light reads) Body Surfing (takes place up here on the seacoast of NH) by Anita Shreve, Charmed Thirds, Teacher Man, House of Pi.

Meg said...

Hey! Ditch Wonderland is an amusement park designed for kids 10 and under. They also have a water park portion. We went last year and they loved it. It's in Lancaster ("Dutch country"). I just started Wedding in December by Anita Shreve. I like her stuff, so I'll probably get to Body Surfing soon--is that her newest one?