Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The word of the day is "frenetic"

It means, of course, "frenzied or frantic." Not exactly how I wish to kick off this new season. Yes, there are a couple more weeks of summer left, but really, the kids are back in school and Rob officially starts back to work next Tuesday. So it's a new season around here. I'm not feeling frenzied or frantic. I'm feeling grateful. But the crafting really slowed down over the summer, and I am feeling like I'd like to get back at it. So, without being frenzied over it, I've been planning the next few projects.I'm already thinking of Christmas ideas to start on in between the back-to-school nights and the soccer practices and the dance lessons. I love this time of year. It's busy, but not crazily so. Weekends are punctuated by football games and harvest festivals, apple picking and putting mums out on the front steps.
As we say goodbye to the "summer that really wasn't," I look forward to the shorter days and cooler temperatures of fall, don't you? What do you have planned for this fall?

No comments: