Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sew Connected: September

September is Amanda Jean's month in Sew Connected. She directed us to a picture of her inspiration quilt on flickr.
Once I saw that quilt, I couldn't wait to get started. Except that I did have to wait--my mom came to visit and we had a party! Once I was cleared to begin sewing, I got to work.
This house is my second attempt. The first one was too big (we were asked to make the houses no bigger than 4.5" by 5.5") and the proportions were off. I wish I could say that this simple little house was easy, but I'd be lying. My seam ripper and I spent a lot of time together on this block!
I love that this house was made of scraps. Projects like this make it easy to get excited about creating something out of just scraps.
As usual, I can't wait to see what the finished quilt is going to look like!

No comments: