Sunday, September 20, 2009

Soaking it in

Today, the last Sunday of this summer season, was a beautiful day here. We went to a local park this afternoon. The kids played hard, and I found a few more acorn treasures.


Of course, I brought some knitting to work on.

Pumpkins are starting to pop up at the local markets. I want so badly to buy some mums, but I feel like it's still a little too early. For some reason, I always seem to take the best pictures during the fall. Is it the light? Is it the colorful subjects?And since it's still officially summer, we capped off our afternoon outing with a stop for ice cream. Ice cream among the pumpkins--it really doesn't get any better than this!

1 comment:

jules said...

It is NEVER not ice cream season in my land.

NEVER.

I love fall, the colors really do photograph beautifully.

That yarn looks so soft.