This is the pattern I used to make the bonnets. You can see it has several period costumes in it. If I get really daring (or my mom can help me), I'd love to make the yellow dress in the top right for Caroline for Halloween. It's so cute! When I first began cutting the fabric to make five bonnets, I found myself filling with dread. What have I gotten myself into, etc. I'd already made two bonnets for the girls, and while they were easy, it was work. So to sign on to make five seemed to be pushing it. But then I started sewing and it just seemed to get easier. Maybe the trick is to make something multiple times!
It's hard to photograph hats without a head to rest them on!
I don't think I could pick a favorite. I just love all the fabrics. I am a calico sucker.
Yesterday morning, Bobby learned the hard way what happens when you try to do pull-ups on the towel rack. As we looked at it last night, we discovered that the hole on the right was so big because it was an earlier patch. Apparently the previous owners' children also used the towel rack for exercise.
And Caitlin wrote a diary entry on a nearby scrap: "Dear diary today I went to a birthday party at Madison's."
Wishing you a healthy, happy (and crafty) week!