Thursday, August 23, 2007

Many projects

We are having a party at our house in a couple of weeks. My husband has a predictable pattern of behavior at such a time--he decides to begin a couple of home improvement projects. About a month ago, we got an estimate on hardwood flooring for the kitchen. They're installing it next Monday. I haven't thought through how we're going to eat that day if the kitchen is off limits...

In keeping with our home improvement theme, yesterday I went out (twice) to pull weeds. You see, we have a pond in our back yard--actually, it's a pond surrounded by two large patios. There is no grass, there is only weeds. And since we've had about two inches of rain in the past few days and it was cool and overcast yesterday, I got to work! Wow, did my wrists hurt. That had never happened to me before. I was expecting the lower back pain, but the wrists? No. Thank goodness for ibuprofen.

In some areas, you can really see the improvement, but there are still other parts that remain untouched. I have ordered some plants, but the delivery dates are post-party. Maybe they'll come early. At any rate, we definitely need to mulch the beds to suffocate the weeds before they come back. More yard work is hard to get excited about.

Next week is the last full week of summer vacation--that's something I can get excited about!

No comments: