Monday, August 6, 2007

The Home Stretch


I realized today that in less than a month, two of my children will be back in school. Now, if we can just get through that month...I swear the bickering has increased exponentially since returning from vacation. Maybe the kids miss their cousins and grandparents. I know Caroline does--she all but moved in with her cousins last week.

Anyway, I've begun to plan ahead, and that always seems to involve shopping of some kind. (Yay!) You see, both girls will be taking dance lessons this fall, so we'll need new shoes, tights, leotards, etc. I've been online looking for good deals on dance shoes.

As a random aside, I received an email about how Mars will appear to be as large as the moon on August 27. This morning on NPR I heard that it's a hoax, although there is going to be a good meteor shower around the 12th, I think. I suppose we could go on over to http://www.npr.org/ to get the full story.
Regarding the picture at the top of the post, those of you who know about Caitlin's tendency to squint her eyes in photographs will see that she comes by it honestly!
What else? I finished my Deathly Hallows reread on Saturday. It was every bit as amazing the second time around, and maybe more so because I was able to slow down enough to really react to what I was reading. During the first reading, I was racing to the end because I had to know what was going to happen. Now I'm between books again. I think I'm going to start The Sportswriter by Richard Ford. I'll let you know what happens. I also ate my first home-grown vegetable last night. This is my first attempt at a vegetable garden, and I was thrilled to cook a pepper that I grew all by myself. I can see that I'm going to have more tomatoes than I can eat or cook. Maybe next year, I'll plant fewer tomatoes...there's a lesson here somewhere.

No comments: