Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Quick Thoughts

I'm already searching for patterns for spring and summer dresses...this week's warm weather is seriously messing with my mind! At least I'm still knitting away on my first sweater, so when the snow returns, I'll have some "wintery" craft to keep me sane.

In keeping with the spring wishes, I think I need to get some fresh flowers in the house. Nothing fancy, maybe some tulips or daffodils. You know, something with a huge carbon footprint because it had to be shipped from South America...I'm going to have to let that guilt go! I hope the mark-up for those flowers isn't too bad this week. This really is the wrong week to buy flowers--this is the week of the $100 dozen roses. Maybe with the economy such a wreck roses are slightly cheaper...it just makes me sick how they jack up the price for Valentine's day.

What else...I am drowning in the piles of clean but unfolded laundry yet again...and the just plain dirty clothes are gaining on me.

Also, Gwyneth Paltrow, look out. Caitlin is after your husband. The whole family watched 60 Minutes on Sunday night (that had to be a first). We watched the interview with Sully. He is one seriously cool customer--I'd fly every day if he could be the pilot! The other story of the night was about Coldplay, and that is when Caitlin announced that Chris Martin was cute and she wanted to marry him. And now every time we get into the car, all the kids are bugging me to play Coldplay. Hey--it's soooo much better than the Wiggles!

No comments: