Tuesday, February 3, 2009

If It's Snowing, It Must Be Tuesday

Here we go again. For what must be the third Tuesday in a row, there is snow and/or the threat of snow today. On Tuesday nights, Caroline has dance class at 6:30--I can't decide if I like having to go out at that hour...but I'm always looking for an evening off. So it has been snowing on and off for most of the day--small flakes, not really covering much. I'm not getting my hopes up for a night off.

Does your family eat out at restaurants? We eat out. A lot. Like at least twice a weekend. I think that's a lot, don't you? And it is very expensive! This month--and yes, it's the shortest month, so it's kinda like cheating, but still--we're trying an experiment, and I'm telling you all about it to help me/us be accountable. And we decided this after eating lunch out (again cheating), but the Evans Family is not going to eat out for the rest of February.
I like to cook, but it can get tedious! I think it's the menu planning that I dislike most. Some weeks I'm into it; some weeks I'm just throwing together whatever I have. Rob works late (until 7 or 8) most nights--and add a commute of up to 45 minutes depending on which office he's in, so family dinner just doesn't happen during the week. Tonight, for example, he works until 7. He's also in one of his farthest offices, so if he leaves on time, he'll be home around 7:45. I will also be home around that time because of the aforementioned dance class. And now I have to go work on the lasagne (a new recipe from Apples for Jam--I plan on serving it to the kids, so I'll let you know how that goes)--it's one of those dishes I can serve at 5:30 and again at 8:00. Gotta love those re-heatable dishes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a lot of eating out to me too - we don't eat out much at all. . . .too expensive, and a bit of a production with our 4 :) Hope the lasagna is good!

Dimple said...

Sounds like me, although my kids are grown. I don't really like going out at night at all!
When I don't feel like cooking, if it's still early in the day, I will put something in the crock pot. Then, when we're ready to eat, it is ready to be eaten.