Thursday, January 8, 2009

Winsome

adj 1: generally pleasing and engaging often because of a childlike charm and innocence 2: cheerful or lighthearted

We got one of those word-of-the-day calendars for Christmas. Rob wanted to expand the kids' vocabulary, but I find that today's word applies quite nicely to my new quilt top.

This is my version of Amanda Jean's Flea Market Fancy quilt. Mine is smaller--I'm sticking to lap size or smaller for now. And the sashing is the only fabric that I purchased for this quilt--the rest is from my stash. I've decided that stash-building is not good for me. I get too distracted--my brain starts racing with all sorts of projects. Better for me to get through one project before I go buying fabric for two more.

Today I should have the back pieced and the whole thing sandwiched. I'm finding that my wrists and forearms are very sore this week, so I'm trying to slow down. It has to be from knitting, but I haven't been going all crazy knitting (not like before Christmas). Anyway, I hope a couple days off the needles will do the trick.

Tonight I will raise my glass to all you fellow college football widows out there. It's the last freaking bowl game of the season!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah, so THAT's what my husband is glued to the television for! I detest sports, so I had no idea which sport had captured his fancy this evening. Bah.

Your quilt is winning and winsome!! Love the colors!!

Have a great night!