Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A slow start

We slept in almost every day during Christmas break, and now it's biting me in the ass. On Monday night, I thought I set the alarm for 6:45. Rob had to go to one of his far-away offices on Tuesday, so he needed to be up early.

And when we woke up Tuesday morning at 7:14...

well, it's never nice when the first word of your day is "s#%t!"

This morning the alarm did go off at 6:45, so Rob was able to get out on time.

The kids have a two-hour delay because some of the rain froze on the roads last night.

Rob forgot that they could sleep in, so he rousted them out of bed before he left.

Thanks, honey!

At least they're playing nicely now and not bugging me to let them play Mario Kart. Caitlin has already treated us to a tantrum--much like the three she threw after school yesterday. There's a girl who sorely needed to sleep in today.

The funny thing is, I was expecting Caroline to be the one who had the most trouble getting back into the swing of things, since historically this has been true. I guess I missed the secret passing-of-the-torch ceremony. I do think they have secret meetings where they decide who's gonna act up when...

In about an hour and a half, I'll be driving them over to school, and then my day can begin.

No comments: