Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sewing Intervention?

I made that Simplicity top again--the plaids don't totally match at the top, but I figure my hair will hide that.
Finally finished this birthday bag--on Friday night! I think we're down to just one more birthday party to go--one more bag! By now, most of the girls on the block have some variation of this bag. What am I gonna make next year?
And for Mother's Day, I made myself a Cute Skirt. The pattern was really easy, and it only took a couple of hours to make. I can't help but think that it could have been done faster if I had a serger...

I've been spending a lot of time with the sewing machine. A frightening amount of time. These pictures are of things I sewed last week. Yesterday, I finished another skirt for me (and put in my first zipper!), made a skirt for Caroline (which just needs elastic to be finished) and made a top for Caitlin. And all I can think about is getting to the fabric store soon because I need a zipper and some seam binding...
think I have a problem? I think I can allow myself to indulge in an orgy of sewing up until June 17--the day the girls get out of school. Then I'm afraid I'm going to have to pack up the machine for the summer. Hmmm. The question then becomes, "can I finish all the projects I have in my head before then?"
It's ON!

5 comments:

Handi Dandi Mandi said...

I don't think anyone will notice the plaid not matching up except for you, it turned out really nice just like everything else! I love the yoyo flowers on the bag.

Unknown said...

Ooh, you've done a lovely job. I think the girls who get those bags are WAY lucky!!! Cute stuff.

Livia said...

Bag for Julia is absolutely gorgeous. I also like those yoyo flowers, I have never dared to try...

Katherine said...

Wow! Look at all the great projects you've been making. I think the birthday bags are such a great idea and the yo-yo flowers make them really sweet.

blessings said...

Hi Meg. I noticed over at Anna Maria Horner's blog that you posted a comment saying that you have the Quilts & More issue with her in it. I've been frantically searching for it here but they only have the Summer issues out. I was wondering if you might share her pin cushion pattern in the back with me? My email is countingyourblessings@gmail.com Thank you, Thank you so very much for considering! Blessings... Polly