Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Yesterday...

Yesterday I got a lot done (crafty-wise, not housework!) in spite of the call from the nurse's office at the elementary school. It seems that Caroline ran into part of the playground equipment and banged her head. (Boy, that apple didn't fall far from the tree.) The nurse temporarily confused her with two other girls who ran into each other and banged their heads. And as I was leaving the nurse's office with her, two boys came in--they had collided and had split lips. What the hell goes on during recess? Caroline used to come home banged up last year too! I worry about next year when Caitlin gets into the fray--she's the one who has spectacular nosebleeds...

Anywhoo, I finished this bag for a party that Bobby is going to on Sunday. This is the first bag I've made for a boy...of course that didn't stop me from adding rick-rack and using a little bit of glitter fabric paint (even boys like to sparkle a little bit). I hope to find the book Casey at the Bat to put in the bag. Now all I have to do is RSVP that Bobby is coming--don't you hate how little details like that slip by?
And I finally did some t-shirt applique for the kids. I felt bad because they've been watching me make all sorts of things for other kids and nothing for them! The puppy comes from Anna Maria's site; the butterfly is from Sandi Henderson.

4 comments:

Marcia said...

Very cute T-shirts. I bet the kids will feel the love.

Unknown said...

Lovely work!!! You crafty girl you!!

Mary Beth said...

Cute bag and t-shirts. Crafting for the boys is always more of a challenge, isn't it? But a fun challenge, I think. Thanks Meg for your kind comments on my blog. Little Rainer is gaining back just a bit of strength, so we are happy. Take care.

Katherine said...

Love those t-shirts and the bag. I think machine applique is one of the quickest ways to add more ooomph to a project. It totally adds to the cute and fun factor - and after seeing your cool results, I think I should go find something to applique too! Thanks for the inspiration.