Thursday, April 24, 2008

Well...

It's Thursday morning. I've got my first load of laundry drying outside on the racks in the beautiful pollen-filled sunshine. The second load has just started. Hopefully today I'll get re-acquainted with the vacuum cleaner.

I managed to finish my shirt on Tuesday night and I wore it yesterday! I'll post pictures later. Let me say, it was a learning experience--and by "learning experience," I mean full of frustrating mistakes. But I (probably) won't make those mistakes again next time! Bobby's teacher complimented me on my shirt yesterday and that made it all worthwhile!

After much back-and-forth, I have decided to machine quilt the quilt I'm making for my mother-in-law. I seriously considered trying to hand quilt, and even tried it for, oh, two or three minutes before realizing that hand quilting was just way out of my range of patience. I'll just wait until I finish the binding to achieve that meditative, zen-like state that comes with hand stitching. So I'll probably be wrestling with the quilt today and hoping that my machine doesn't turn on me.

We walked to school this morning. We hadn't done that in months, and it was really nice. Of course, having them all dressed and ready to walk with no major drama was a minor miracle. I think it had been so long since we walked that the novelty made them get ready quicker. Wonder how they'll feel about it next week...seriously, we live in the neighborhood where the school is located. It's behind the houses across the street from us. Unless there's a torrential downpour or four feet of snow, we should be walking every day! But I fell into the bad habit of driving them--they're running late, it's really cold, I'm still in my pajamas--there was always an excuse. But all the Earth Day hoopla this week has me thinking and feeling guilty. We're back to walking. Hopefully we can stick with this through the rest of the school year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! I want to dry my clothes outside too! Maybe I'll get some racks as well (hubby would flip if I dared to do a clothsline.)

Good for you walking to school and sewing a cute shirt! Post pics soon!!!!

Happy weekend!!