Friday, October 16, 2009

Tiny Purses/Big Hearts

One of my favorite non-crafty blogs I read is Mocha Momma. Kelly's posts make me laugh out loud and weep openly--often in the same post! She is an assistant principal at a high school in Illinois, and she gives her whole heart to her job. She has some very lucky students.

Anyway, she's helping to coordinate a drive for small purses for her students. You can read more about why here. And if you have a small purse (no bigger than a sheet of paper) that you want to donate, or if you're feeling crafty and want to make something (there was a great link to a pattern for Japanese Knot Bags in the comments) or if you just want to donate some money, you can read about the specifics here.

As for me, I'll be going through my closet to de-clutter and help some girls out.

1 comment:

Mocha said...

Thank you for promoting this AND for such kind words for me! I'm feeling so lucky to know incredible people online (and a LOT of them crafty, generous women such as yourself!). I thought about you just the other day as I pulled out the hat and gloves you made me. (Totally worn with love, btw.)

Those Japanese Knot Bags are incredibly cool. That was a new one for me!

Thank you!
xoxo