Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sew Connected: October

October is Dee's month! She followed Amanda Jean's inspiration and decided to make one of those stunning little house quilts.
Dee sent this soft pink for the background and an assortment of pretty pink and yellow patterned fabrics. Truth be told, I could eat up the fabric she sent--it's just so pretty and girly!

I'm so glad she decided to do this quilt--after my frustrations with making a little house last month, I was happy to get another chance at it. Last month, I had drawn out the house I wanted to make on graph paper, but it just wouldn't come together. This month, it somehow made more sense to me, and it went together easily and quickly.
It's my turn next month, so I've been assembling and cutting fabrics. I hope to get them out in the mail by the end of the week (technically, I think they're supposed to go out today). This is one of those busy weeks where I'm going to be over at the school a lot!

2 comments:

jules said...

I have always wanted to do one of these! I love the little house.

Meredith said...

Lovely!!! I can't wait tos ee what you make for your month! And I'll be at school this week too. Enjoy your week!