Monday, March 2, 2009

I went to bed last night trying to be positive--not overreact to any rumors or speculation.

But this morning I've read four articles that all say the same thing (mostly because it's four re-printings of one news wire article): HSBC is closing its HFC and Beneficial operations in the US; 6100 jobs will be lost.

And one of those jobs is my husband's.

He has a conference call at 8:00am, so I guess that's where we'll find out if last Friday's paycheck was indeed the last.

I know there are people far worse off than us right now, but I sure could use a little positive energy and prayer today.

Thank you.

8 comments:

katrina said...

positive thoughts. your way. i'm on it.

John said...

meg, you're in our thoughts and prayers today. everything happens for a reason, and there is a plan for you guys. something bigger and better is just around the corner!

Amy @ Park City Girl said...

Hugs and Prayers

Dimple said...

Hi Meg,
God knows what is going on, and He knows what you need. So whatever happens, hold on to Him. I said a prayer for you when I read your post.

Journeying Five said...

thinking of you...we have been there!

Anonymous said...

Meg - Hope that the news you were anticipating didn't come. If the news did come, remember that you will survive. Please let us know if you need anything
- Brenda (who's husband was laid off when the tech bubble burst)

Meredith said...

Sending my very best positive thoughts!!

Meredith said...

I am trying to comment but having trouble...this is my third try. I am keeping you in my prayers...Hang in there!!