Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy November

November already...seems like just yesterday I was saying the same thing about October. For a quick Christmas update--the first quilt is still sitting in a chair waiting for me to finish sewing the binding onto the back, the second quilt top is 80% done, the third quilt has 3 out of 56 blocks sewn. The hoodie still needs to be finished, and the hat and mittens I made for Bobby have been frogged because I'm too lazy to make a gauge swatch and they were too small...I have my work cut out for me!

So Friday was the Greatest Day on Earth to be a Kid. I never did get a picture of Caroline--she nearly snuck by me at the school parade, and she went trick-or-treating with a neighbor. She was Sharpay from HSM1 (blue dress). Here are the other two, all ready to get some candy!
Saturday, I finally succeeded in getting the whole family to go apple picking. It was a beautiful day, and the kids had fun--they even said so!





On the way out to the orchard, I was telling Rob that I could make and freeze apple pie filling, and I could make apple sauce and apple butter. With huge beautiful apples and three very enthusiastic pickers, we ended up with over forty pounds of apples! I made four pie fillings for the freezer and one actual pie on Saturday. Now I still have about thirty pounds of apples to process...








No comments: