Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Barack the Vote!

We're back. The kids are off from school today, and voting takes place at the high school right outside our neighborhood, so naturally I made the kids walk. The long way. Really, what else are we going to do today?

Anyway, we got there and got in line. I brought snacks for the kids--because you know they can't go more than 45 minutes without a snack--and we waited. Since school was out, the kids saw lots of classmates, and there was lots of running around and having fun. They only got cranky toward the end, when the lines were squishing together to get into the gym.

So we finally get up to the voting booth, and I won't let the kids in because I don't want them pushing the "vote" button before I can cast my vote. So I make my choices for office and then I get sidetracked by the idea of taking a picture of my vote. Unfortunately, the flash is obscuring the print, and the kids have now snuck under the curtain into the booth, so I just press the "vote" button and we leave. On the way out, I overhear some women talking about some bond question and laughing about how long-winded and nonsensical it was (and I did remember reading this among all the papers taped to the side of the gym when I was in line)...so it appears that I missed some things! Oh well, I did cast the most important vote.

And it only took an hour and a half!

Go vote!

No comments: