Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Watch it Grow!

These lovelies are almost ready to come inside and join the salsa!
And here are my jalapenos...I guess they're getting close, too. They're almost the size of the ones I buy at the grocery store. Someone break out the salmon--it's time for some spicy yellow pepper-tomato salsa!
And maybe these will be ready by the time we get back from vacay!

I've started reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. I can already tell you that this book is going to make me even more conscientious (or guilty) about where I buy my food...I don't even want to buy strawberries in the grocery store any more because the local ones are finished, so I know these store ones are shipped in from somewhere. I may need help...and Rob has just walked in from another lousy day at work, so it's time to get dinner on and be Supportive Spouse.

He's taking Friday off, and we're most likely going to Dorney Park, so I probably won't be back until Monday! Enjoy the heat wave and keep cool.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Hi Meg. Thanks for the book rec, I own it, but now maybe will pick it up!