Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tired

I'm very tired this morning. Last night we had ongoing thunderstorms. I mean I've never heard such long, sustained rolling thunder. It seemed to go on for hours. Caroline doesn't like thunderstorms which means that she was in my room begging to come into my bed several times during the night. I put her back in bed around two and again at four. Then at five she had turned on the bathroom light and was carrying on--back to bed. At six it had stopped raining, but she was up again along with Caitlin and they had the bathroom light on. Back to bed, and this time let the dog out. And at 6:15, off to the shower. Only to be greeted by a bright- (and slightly wild-) eyed Caroline at 6:45. Ever wake up with the feeling that it's going to be a long day? Wish me luck.

So, here is one of our little friends. I'd love to get more pictures (there are two babies in the nest), but I had to lean in pretty close to get this one, and I don't want to give the birds additonal stress.
I bought these last week at Michael's. I thought the kids could play with them. I'd love to paint them, but that requires time and paint pens that I don't have, so I'm just going to hand them to the kids blank and see what they come up with. Caroline already drew faces on hers with a crayon.
I'm hoping that small wooden figures plus a basket of fabric scraps equals more than ten minutes of peace. We'll see. The girls do like playing in the scraps--they'll bring in the stapler and get to constructing things.
A couple of weeks ago, Mary Beth blogged about this book. I'm all for homemade bread in five minutes a day, so I checked it out from the library. Wow! I've only made the basic recipe, but it's good for four loaves of the most yummy, crusty bread I've ever made. I may have to buy this book.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooh those little wooden dolls are a great creative idea!! And fabric scraps...at least they would amuse Hannah for a while.

Do those bread recipes require a breadmaker???