Sunday, January 31, 2016

Modern Mrs. Darcy 2016 Reading Challenge: #1

A Book You Can Finish in a Day

I didn't start this book thinking that I would finish this in a day or that this would be my entry for this category in the reading challenge.  I think this is one of those categories that needs to happen on its own--I don't want the pressure of having to finish a book in a day, you know?

Anyhow, this the second book I've read by this author--the first was The Art of Forgetting, which I enjoyed.  When this story opens, Libby Miller learns that she has a rare and bad form of cancer on the same day that her husband tells her he's gay.  Not a good day by any measure.  Libby grew on me as the book progressed.  At the beginning, I found Libby's faux curse words to be a little much, and her reactions to all of her dismal news just seemed a little far-fetched.  But as the book progressed, she improved.  I recommend this book.

No comments: