Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday Five

1. I have a new blog header.  No really, I have a new picture all ready to go over on flickr.  But when I try to add it over here, I get an "invalid url" message from Blogger.  Sigh.


2.  A couple of weeks ago, I bought this giant jar for cookies.  So much better than ziploc bags, don't you think?  And now there are only two cookies left in the jar...

 3.  This week, I brought out the sewing machine for the first time in a long while.  I made this table runner and some napkins.  We used them last night.   I had been wanting to make a table runner.  It was a good warmup for the sewing machine--I have two Hogwarts robes to make before the 31st.

 4.  This is the third hat.  I did take a picture of the second hat, but I managed to not upload it...it's done, I promise, and it's super cute, too.  Now, do I make hats for the nephews, or get started on the nieces' mittens?  Or do I chuck it all to make two Gryffindor scarves?  This homemade Halloween costumes thing is becoming time consuming!
5.  I don't really have anything else to add, but "Friday Four" just wasn't as exciting as "Friday Five."  I'll be back next week--hopefully with some finished mittens to show you!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

You have been SO productive!! Kudos! I think all I did this week is take Advil and look at suitcases I was not prepared to unpack from last weekend!

Hope you have a great weekend...

Larissa said...

oh, Love how "fresh" your table looks with the gingham runner. It's perfect for the dark rainy days that are ahead. Your hat is awesome! You are so productive lady!

Are you planning to knit the Gryffindor scarves just for the costumes or for everyday wear as well? If it's just for halloween costumes maybe you could sew the scarves up and have both done in an hour or so. I'm laughing as i write this because i have been so lazy these days - always trying to find the easier way out. Can not wait to see your costumes!

Have a great weekend!

stitching under oaks said...

I was having trouble with blogger the other night too....they seem to have switched to all new templates and they are harder for me to use than the old style. Anyways, your blog looks fresh and nice and when you get your header up, it'll be even more wonderful. I really like the runner...very homey and cozy! Have a great weekend.

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Ohhhh -- I love your tablerunner. Is it homespun? It looks so cozy. And cookies in the cookie jar never last long around here either.

Kristyn Knits said...

I'm a little late to the party...but I love your new runner. I pulled out my sewing machine again this weekend to sew up two pillow cases, now if I could just finish my quilt top!! I'm thinking finish the mitts. You'll feel so great about having a completed gift set. I guess I should have said I would feel...