Hey, there! Another week gone by, another three or four quizzes I've had to study for...seriously, my children's schoolwork has been killing me this year. I don't remember my parents having to be so involved in my daily homework. They never had to sign my "homework assignment book", they never had to sign a daily reading log. Frankly, I've had it up to here with the signing for the nightly reading. It irks me to no end. But I'm trying to keep this a happy place, so let's just disregard my mini-rant, shall we?
Let's move on to what may become a weekly series (if only because five pictures and short comments may be all I can manage for the time being): the Friday Five!
1. My new favorite cookbook! Mad Hungry by Lucinda Scala Quinn. Eren at This Vintage Chica recommended it. I borrowed it from the library, and after a couple of successful meals, I went out and bought my own copy. I am very happy with my purchase.
2. The first Christmas hat is done. The second one will be finished today. Mittens...are going to take much longer. At least, my Aran mittens are. They are a very slow go!
3. Last weekend, I broke out the beer and brats. It's one of the things I love about fall.
4. Because Fair Isle knitting doesn't travel well, and because there are at least three lessons a week that I have to sit through, I needed some portable knitting. Enter the Christmas lights. I can make one per lesson. Hopefully by December, I'll have enough to string together on a small garland. And the beauty of this is, I can add some each year.
5. Baseball playoffs are here! The whole town was already excited, and then Roy Halladay threw a no-hitter on Wednesday night. People are out of their minds excited now. It is so much fun.