Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Got a bucket?

As soon as I'm done with this post, I'm checking in at weather.com in hopes that the radar will show me that this rain is close to being over! Whether our sump pump is dead remains to be seen, because the outlet that it is plugged into is dead. And when I run extension cords across the basement to the other outlets, the GFI trips as soon as I plug it in. So this morning I have been taking buckets of water up from the basement (it's all still contained with the sump pump...for now) and dumping them outside. I feel a little like Mickey Mouse in that cartoon.

If only our long extension cords weren't in use outside (for Christmas lights that still aren't finished), I'd try running those up into the kitchen to see if the damn thing works. Alas...I figure this way I'm getting some exercise!

Once things dry out around here, I can tell you the story of the dress I made for myself yesterday. It looks like a potato sack on me. I'll be hacking it up and salvaging the fabric. Just not today.

2 comments:

Kristyn Knits said...

oh, meg. I hope the rain has stopped!

Meredith said...

Finally checking in from Matt's computer...sorry you've had such wet damp problems! Glad they are getting better. I love the holiday pillowcases!!