Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Block party

With the little man home sick yesterday, I got a lot done around the house.


All the beds now have freshly laundered sheets, all the toilets are sparkling, and the chocolate peanut butter biscotti turned out divine.

I also managed to wash and block a couple of projects.

The Mustard Scarf, free pattern on ravelry, still needs a button. It's a gift.


Mama's Shalom Cardigan. Another birthday present for myself. It's alpaca, and oh, so soft! Also needs buttons.



And lastly, a hat. It's a gift, and boy, does this not look anything like the picture on the pattern.

Well, it does, only in the picture, it's much tighter, like an actual beanie. This would fit a watermelon! I think all the hats I'm gifting this year turned out big. Last year they were too small. Go figure.


There is last-minute shopping to be done around here, and some more houseguests are on the way. I hope to be back here before the big day, but if not, I wish you all a very merry Christmas--full of peace and love for you all.

7 comments:

beki said...

Hooray for being productive! You sure got lots accomplished. I did the sheet thing this weekend, but my toilets still need attention.
I think I have both that scarf ans sweater in my ravelry queue or favorites. Love them both!!

jules said...

that sweater is divine....really really beautiful.

I kow what you mean about the hat. I hate it when that happens.

I hope your boy feels better.

larissa said...

Hope your guy is feeling better! The biscotti look perfect. I need to make a mustard scarf for myself - I knit four this month and gifted all of them. Love the color you chose for your shalom cardi. I wear mine all the time and I really want to knit the long sleeve version. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Meredith said...

Your projects are lovely!! Hang in there and have a merry Christmas!!

stitching under oaks said...

You've been very busy and very productive. Your projects are all wonderful. Love your Shalom...that's been on my list for a while. I hope your son is feeling better. Have a Merry Christmas!

Dimple said...

You accomplished a lot! The cardigan looks warm and comfortable, and the biscotti, yummy!

Merry Christmas, and God bless!

Kristyn Knits said...

Looks like it was a busy day! Love your projects...can't wait to make a Mustard Scarf. I have the pattern printed and ready to go in 2010!

Merry Christmas! So glad I've found your blog!!