Last week I learned why some of my tomatoes looked so odd. They had late blight. I had to pull out five of my tomato plants. This is what I harvested from the plants before I pulled them out. I have many, many bags of ripening tomatoes that will need to be processed in some way (slow roasted, made into sauce, frozen whole?) before the week is out.
In between stirring the sauce, I've been here. At 190 stitches per row, this is a slow go. This is my stash-buster that I had to buy more yarn to finish. I may be back at the yarn shop for more yarn soon.
My sunflowers finally came out! I had planted the seeds pretty late, so I was a little concerned about whether they'd have enough time to bloom. I love the red ones. I am definitely going to plant more of these next year.
So in a nutshell, that's pretty much what we've been up to. The back to school haircuts are done; the back to school shoes have been purchased; most of the school supplies are purchased and just waiting to go into the backpacks. All we need now is September first!