Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sweating my *ss Off

I totally set myself up for this one. We've been having awesome weather the last few weeks. Our power bill was at an all-time-low last month. And last night, I said out loud (fully aware that I was tempting the weather gods, but feeling reckless thanks to a chilled glass of Red Bicyclette), "I can't believe it's July 15th and we haven't turned on the air conditioner all month!"

Yeah. Now it's 82 inside and I just finished moving our huge sectional around...

I'm just not ready to turn the A/C back on--I wanted (foolishly hoped, more like it) to go the whole month without turning it on.

I don't think I'm gonna make it.

Edited to add: I broke down about 20 minutes after publishing this post! I'm much less cranky now that I'm not sweating!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you turned it on! It gets unbearable for everyone when mom is cranky :)

Anonymous said...

A/C is a gift from GOD...don't deprive yourself the treat of electric cool goodness.

I can't wait for our phlox to bloom.

SO happy that you gave in.