Saturday, July 18, 2009

A day in the garden

I have been doing some crafty things. I'm almost done with my quilt, and I've been making birthday presents again, so I will have crafty things to show you soon. But today, I took the camera with me out to the "garden" (a.k.a. the back yard).

Here are some beautiful beefsteak tomatoes. I go check on the tomatoes almost twice a day to see how many there are and whether they're ever going to turn red! Tom Petty was right--the waiting is the hardest part. I'm trying to be patient. I'm reminding myself that I'll be drowning in tomatoes soon, and I'm looking up recipes in the meantime.
This morning, I captured some little Black-eyed Susans just waking up.And at dinnertime, here were some of their bigger sisters.

Today I bought seeds for lettuce and spinach. I'm going to try planting for a fall harvest. This is a first for us, so I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: