Monday, June 1, 2009

Nine

Today, my very first baby turned nine. And I could go on about her for days...about how the eleven days between my due date and the day she was actually born seemed to have passed more slowly than these nine years;


About how we are so very similar that I find myself chuckling when I see her doing things that I used to do when I was a kid-- like sitting at the dinner table with both knees propped up against the table, fork in one hand, book in another;
About how there are still many differences despite the similarities. She is her own person. It is an amazing and joyful thing to watch your baby grow up. I feel very blessed to have her.
Happy Birthday, Caroline!

1 comment:

Journeying Five said...

lovely post, enjoy your nine year old! we both have oldest girls that are nine!