Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cobweb Shawl

My mother-in-law will be walking through the door any minute, and I just finished her Mother's Day gift. Here it is, the cobweb shawl (pattern free on ravelry).

Yes, that's a slightly larger (gaping!) opening you see--didn't catch it until a couple of rows later...if I had paid more attention during blocking, I probably could have stretched the yarn into place to make it almost unnoticeable. Oh well--this way, you know it's handmade! Honestly, I was so sick of working with this yarn that I didn't want to fool with trying to go back and fix it.
Here it is on. On me, that is. After all my complaining about lace weight yarn, all I can think is how much I want one for myself. The picture would have been a little better if I were wearing a different color shirt! This is before I wove in the ends.
I actually cheated and knotted them! I'm just breaking all kinds of rules!
Saturday is the girls' dance recital. Sunday, the rest of the NJ family comes over for our family birthday party for Caroline. In between, the girls have three birthday parties to attend between the two of them.
See you Monday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is gorgeous!!!

Good luck getting through the party weekend. You are one busy lady.