Monday, August 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

Today I'm linking up with The Broke & The Bookish for their Top Ten Tuesday.

This week's list is the Top Ten Things That Make Your Life As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier

1. The Library's online hold and renewal system

It is such a treat when I check my emails in the morning to find a message from the library.  If the message posted around midnight, I know that I will have some holds waiting for me when I get to the library.  If the message posted closer to 6:00am, I need to log in and renew some books, because they're coming due!

2.  Book Page


Another great thing about the library is this monthly publication.  It is full of book reviews; I circle everything that catches my eye.  I pass along copies to my mother-in-law.

3.  Amazon's Lengthy Descriptions and Reviews

It's a wonderful rabbit hole to fall down.  I can lose some serious time just browsing on Amazon.  And then I'll click over to the library's website and put hold requests on books that have caught my eye on Amazon.

4.  Goodreads


Like Facebook for Readers, only so much better.

5.  Twitterature Link-Ups


Anne's monthly link-fest has been a great way to discover new titles and new blogs.

6.  My Moleskine notebook


I have raved about this before, but it's where I keep all those lists of titles from Book Page, Amazon, etc.  It's also where I jot down my Twitterature reviews.  I just love pen and paper.

7.  Amazon Prime

For those times when I just can't wait for the library--or when they don't have the title I want.  Free two day shipping; free Kindle owner's lending library.

and because I could only think of eight,

8.  The NPR Back Seat Book Club


This periodic series is a great resource for books for my kids (and for me).

What's in your Top 10?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with so many on your list this week! :-)

Unknown said...

Ok, your #1 I love! i do that all the time. I felt like a weirdo knowing what the email would be about by the time that it came in. I'm so glad someone else does that too! And thanks for listing Twitterature! I had never heard of it before.

Anonymous said...

Very good selections! Thanks for sharing these. I also keep a planner of sorts, and I am so glad I do.

LisaILJ said...

As a librarian, I am loving that so many of the posts today have mentioned their local library.

My TTT
LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA