Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sparkle Plenty

Meet Sparkle Plenty.

 It's my latest quilt.  Based on the Sparkle Punch quilt by Elizabeth Hartman.  I started this back in January.  By February, all it lacked was the binding.  And it lingered in the dining room for months.
 I decided that yesterday was as good a day as any to finish a quilt.  And now it's done.  Ready to be added to the fort-making materials.
 When I started quilting, I tried to match it up to how Elizabeth had quilted hers.
 But it morphed into something a little more me.
 It's a large quilt--large enough for an eight-year-old boy to relax on.  Blogger rotated the picture without asking me.
 Here's a close-up of the boy.  Yes, he has a picture of bacon on his shirt.
Now back to our regularly scheduled activities.

1 comment:

stitching under oaks said...

Love it! It turned out wonderful. I am so impressed with your quilting! You did a fabulous job with the stitching....the colors are so great too!