Friday, May 18, 2012

Back on the Granny Wagon

Dishcloth knitting season has been replaced this year.  This year, it's Granny Square season.


Remember these?
August 2011
 I gave in to the Granny urge late last summer.  I was going to use up all those bits (and skeins) of leftover yarn.  I made about 27 squares before this project was shelved.

May 2012--now up to 36 squares
A couple of weeks ago, I whipped out my WEBS gift card that I'd been saving since Christmas and started choosing some Cascade 220 colors.  (I'm sure you remember that WEBS has its annual sale in April and May.  If not--what are you waiting for?)  To be honest, I'm not sure where I put my bag (or two) of yarn that I'd been working with, but I knew that I would need some fresh yarn to help see me through.

Cascade 220--now on sale at WEBS!

 I'm going to work exclusively with the new stuff for a while.  Then I'll go find the other yarn and start mixing it all up.  My original plan was for a blanket with 81 squares with at least one border around the whole thing.  Now I think I'm going to make it larger--maybe 121 squares. 


Realistically, I'm going to keep making squares throughout the summer without getting bogged down by "how many more?"  Granny squares are portable (and that's part of their charm), so I should be able to find lots of time to sneak in a square or two.  I think it would be great to be stitching the whole thing together as the weather turns cool.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

Love the light border on your squares. Thanks for the heads up on the sale - now all I have to do is resist the urge to shop! Hope your weekend was wonderful.