Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Knitting news (and some cute kids)

So I've been working on Aidez for a while.  I thought I'd be super efficient and knit both fronts simultaneously. This is how far I had gotten.  By the time I reached this point (so, so close to finishing the fronts), I decided that I couldn't live with the fact that my center seed wishbones looked completely unlike everyone else's on ravelry (over 1000 projects can't be wrong).  It took me a few hours to come to terms with the fact that I was going to have to frog them.  I was not happy about it.
In unrelated news, on Sunday, we went out apple picking.  First, we stopped by Peddler's Village (a shopping center/tourist attraction) to look at the imaginative scarecrows on display.  Apple picking was both muggy and buggy.  Next time, I'm holding out for a cool, crisp (and gnat-free) fall day.  It was t-shirt day at church--I don't usually dress the kids all alike.
 Back to the knitting!  Here is the new left front.  I hope to finish this tonight.  See how the center design is different?  How it's actually seed stitch?  The written directions in the pattern are correct; the chart...not so much.

 Here you can compare the two.  The one on the right is the new left front--you're following this, right?  The left one is the old right front--hopefully by next week it will be all fixed.
And when the weather finally cools off for good, I'll have an awesome new sweater!

4 comments:

Kristyn Knits said...

YOU are one FAST knitter! This process would have taken me week to recover from...look at you, you'll be wearing it in a few weeks. The littles are so cute!!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Kristyn's right -- you are speedy. I would have been stopped in my tracks by the mistake. You get an A for effort! And where is that nice cool Fall weather?

blandina said...

Beautiful colour and beautiful pattern, it takes courage to ravel what is already done but it is absolutely worth it!

Lee Ann said...

Wow! You are a speedy knitter! Looks like it will be done in no time!! :)