Thursday, September 22, 2011

How It's Going

This is my third week of work.  So far, the transition has been pretty smooth.  I really am making the most of my days off--except for the stuff that I'm putting off.  Like the basement.  I'd rather run errands than deal with the dried-out smelly cardboard boxes that are in the basement.  I'm putting that on my schedule for Saturday morning.  But see, I put things on the schedule!  For example, next Tuesday, I'm cooking a whole chicken and using it to make three or four meals for next week.

I'm not going to mislead you, either.  Right now, the kids are scheduled to walk in the door in ten minutes, and I haven't started on dinner (stuffed shells because I didn't have time to make crepes for cannelloni).  Dinner needs to be served to Caroline by 5:00 because she has dance from 5:30 to 7:30--the rest of us can eat when we get back from dropping her off.  I'm just thankful I found a can of tomatoes in the pantry so I don't have to start chopping up the last of the garden tomatoes.  Whew.  Worn out?  In some ways, sitting at a desk is relaxing!

So, this desk where I sit is at a mom-and-pop screenprinting and embroidery shop. You know, they print team sports jerseys, company t-shirts, baseball hats, etc.  They have a website.  And if you go to the website and scroll down, you'll see that they offer holiday cards.  In the interest of full disclosure, if you order cards through the company, I will (!) make a little money.  But you were going to order cards from somewhere, weren't you?  I know that we are still very careful about where and how we spend our money--even two years after Rob's unemployment summer--so I really am not trying to be flip about this.  I am just letting you know that snapfish doesn't have to be your only option for the holidays this year.

Speaking of the holidays, I finally sandwiched that Christmas quilt.  Now to decide how to quilt it on another day off...

3 comments:

stitching under oaks said...

sounds like you've got plenty going on there. so glad you're liking your new job....i'm sure you're a blessing to those that you're working with. Crepes? stuffed shells? wow...we'd have been having scramled eggs or pb and j sandwiches...you go girl!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

It sounds like life in my house too. Believe me, it does get easier.

Kristyn Knits said...

So glad to hear your adjusting well! I'm sure you're a bright spot. Enjoy your days "off", and show us your quilt when it's ready!