Thursday, August 18, 2011

ADVENTure: Home Decor Edition

In between knitting Christmas gifts, I've been working on a few items to decorate the home this season. 
 I've made two felted trees. The pattern is in Mason-Dixon Knitting: Outside the Lines. You can see on the larger one that I ran out of the dark green, so I combined it with a lighter green to finish it. I have a place in mind to put these, and there's enough room so that I can eventually create a whole forest of felted trees in a variety of colors. This year, I may make one more small one and call it done.



 Last winter, I began accumulating Christmas-y fabrics with a Christmas quilt in mind.
 A few years ago, Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts hosted a quiltalong.  She made one block per week, and I printed out the instructions for several of the blocks.  I don't think she has these instructions on her blog anymore--she's hosted many, many quiltalongs since then--so I am very glad that I hoarded saved the patterns.
I finished the top on Monday!  It's roughly 60" square.  I am planning on using some red and white printed flannel for the back.  I just have to go to Joann's and purchase the rest of the materials.

2 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Wow! You've been busy. I'm in love with that quilt. It's beautiful. You're giving me ideas -- which can be a very bad thing! Just kidding -- I'm inspired.

Kristyn Knits said...

MEG!! Your ADVENTure items are piling up! I'm sure you'll be looking for more storage space soon. Love the trees! You could even use those fancy A.P. stitches to string ornaments on them. And that holiday quilted will be treasured for years and years! Thanks for the inspiration to keep on ADVENTuring!!