Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Makes you wonder

After reading my last post--in which I was lamenting the general chaos in my dining room and resolving to get things put away--you may wonder what in the world is going on in my brain when you see these pictures!  I know, I know.  I put away four things and then took out about a hundred!

It all started last Friday when I went to Jo-ann's armed with a coupon and determined to score some of that new Denyse Schmidt fabric.  (A previous visit to another Jo-ann's was unfruitful.)  And I was disappointed again.  This store had one bolt of the DS Quilts line--one!  And it was a navy blue print!  Really, I didn't need the fabric.  I don't have any immediate plans for it; I just wanted to see it in person.  Consider it money saved.  But then--then! I wandered over to the quilting tools section and found the Dresden Plate tool--and with my coupon, it only cost about six bucks.

Enter the scraps/stash!

I just started cutting blades.  Some are 3.5", the larger ones are 6".  I don't have a vision for what these are going to become--maybe a table runner, a quilt.  It depends on how many plates I end up with.

So far I have eight smaller ones completed.

And I have a little more cutting to do before I start in on the larger plates.
I just love playing around with all the colors and fabrics--and the kids wanted to play with them, too!

2 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I love your dresden plates. I wish I could be brave and make some. The fabrics look scrumptious. I bought some of the DS fabrics (okay -- maybe more than some) at JoAnns. It's such good quality and the patterns are so vintage feedsack-looking. I hope your store re-stocks so I'm not alone in purchasing fabric that I really don't need.

stitching under oaks said...

I'd forgotten about the DS line at Joann's....guess I'll be heading there soon. Love your dresdens! Like little rainbows. What fun you are having.