Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Five

 1.  I was at my new favorite shopping place yesterday--the antiques barn.  I brought home some new insulators for my collection.  I spent alot of time with a wooden and metal milk crate, trying to visualize where it would go and how I would use it...and I decided not to bring it home.  Ah, but maybe if it's there the next time...
 2. Last Friday, I had some time to kill while I was waiting to meet my mother-in-law. I was at an outlet mall, and I went in to the book outlet.  I've been in it before, and I know it's usually full of books I've never heard of or wouldn't want.  Even the "going out of business" sign on the door didn't get me excited until I walked over to the crafts section.  See that Mason-Dixon book with the $9.99 sticker on it?  I paid $2.00 for it!  The Gentle Art of Domesticity--that I've been trying to find in my library for a couple of years?? Two dollars!  It was very exciting.

 3.  These are my library books, not the kids'.  I plan to read an insane amount of children's literature this summer--why should the kids have all the fun?  And if they want to copy me, even better!
 4.  Chocolate chip.  I just don't think there's any reason to make any other kind of cookie.
5.  Not nearly as romantic as a clothesline, but that's okay.

This weekend will be much more relaxed that the previous one.  I am hoping to go to the pool and maybe go strawberry picking.  That's it!

4 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I love your insulators. They're a real find. I'm sure when the sun shines in they look amazing! And "Anne of Green Gables" is an all-time favorite of mine. Happy summering!

stitching under oaks said...

What fun! I'm reading some classics this summer. I've got To Kill a Mockingbird on my list...I've never read that. Hope your week is off to a good start. And I'm with you...chocolate chip cookies are the BEST!

Kristyn Knits said...

Looks like you scored some awesome treasures! and anyway to get the sunshine into our clothes is just fine with me.

Meredith said...

i am excited by this Friday five! Great stuff!!