Friday, May 13, 2011

Check This One Off the Bucket List

**hey, there.  Blogger seems to be having technical difficulties--it ate up yesterday's post (oh, the horror!) and I'm not sure if/when it's going to be put back.  I'm just happy I can post now.**

Back in November, our church was hosting a blood drive.  I had never given blood before, and I decided that it would be a cool "bucket list" type of thing to do before turning 40.  I signed up; I showed up; I was turned away.  Turns out I'm borderline anemic.

So I saw my doctor and started taking a multivitamin (with iron) every day.  Also started using my cast-iron skillet with reckless abandon.  And yesterday, I tried again.

Success!

3 comments:

Larissa said...

Yeah for being healthy! I should look into taking a multivitamin too - i never have. And yeah for making a difference - great work! Have a wonderful weekend!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

My oldest son gives doubles each time -- he's been doing this for about three years now. He's told me that I'm going with him in June when there's a blood drive going on in our town.

Good for you!

Heather said...

How cool that this was on your bucket list! Giving blood is a wonderful gift, and it does truly make a difference.