Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It feels like I've been away for a really long time, but maybe that's just because I've been so busy. Bobby turned five on Saturday, but we had to move his party to Sunday because of Hanna. We had about 2.5 inches of rain on Saturday, but Sunday was beautiful. And I'm very proud to say that no paper plates, plastic utensils, paper napkins or juice boxes were harmed in the throwing of our party!

Then yesterday we hit the ground running. It was Bobby's first day of preschool, Caitlin's first day of dance, and back to school night for Caroline (our school is really large, so back to school night is done by grade--Caitlin's is next week). Today Rob had surgery to repair an umbilical hernia, so we had to be at the place by 6:30--that's AM, people! We're a little tired today. The procedure went well. We were back home by 9:45, and he's sleeping now. This evening Caroline has her first dance class.

Tomorrow, I get to put Mom on the train, take Bobby to school, pick up Caitlin early and take her and Bobby to her eye appointment! At some point this week, I'm supposed to be sewing an apron for a swap...Thursday could be the day. Monday is the mailing deadline. I just hope I bought enough fabric!

Caroline has a Brownie camping weekend in a couple of weeks (before our regular meetings even begin). I have to round up a couple of sleeping bags for us...wow, am I missing summer or what? This is the first year that everything has seemed to start up so quickly.

Here's hoping that we'll find our rhythm soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's hard after the summer, to get back into the groove. Just keep chugging along and you'll be fine. But go to bed early - it'll help! Good luck.