Monday, December 17, 2007

Surrounded by clouds of flour

This time of year is what I call the baking season, and it is in full swing! Yesterday I pulled out the stand mixer and got to work. Actually, the baking season kicked off on Friday when I made a Sour Cream Bundt Cake, but I didn't bring out the stand mixer for that one (and boy was my mixer arm sore). Sunday, I made White Chocolate-Coffee Cashew Biscotti. Then I followed up with another batch of tasty cheese straws. Yum! Rob burned his fingers and mouth because he went right for the cheese straws as soon as they came out of the oven. I did remind him that they were 250 degrees... Next on my list is my candy-covered pretzels. Then I have to search the grocery stores for one ingredient so I can try the Asian-spiced pecans. Did I mention that I'm putting some of these things in gifts? We're not just sitting around and eating all of this (well, maybe the cheese straws, if Rob has his way!).

Happy Baking Season!

No comments: