Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Second Time Around the Tree

I've received most of the ornaments from the swap and I wanted to show them off! I'm very glad I participated, and I look forward to doing it again next year. I'm definitely gonna raise my game, though!


This was what I sent out.
Here's a little tree. All the patterns are great.
A pretty snowflake.
This is a "tuffet." It's so cute--wish I had taken a better picture.
Caitlin named this one Twinkle.

And this, of course, is Frosty!

This one is just awesome. I don't know how she made it. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it's a map of my area. My town is in the center!

This was the first one I received. So simple, and yet so nice. It looked a lot nicer before one of the children got hold of it--I had to try to put it back as best as I could. Yet another reminder to keep children far away from ornaments!

I think this one is my favorite. I love dragonflies, and the colors on this are great. This girl actually makes decorative pillows, and I may be adding a dragonfly pillow to my household soon!

2 comments:

Deardeedle said...

Oh Meg - they all look so good on your tree! I wish my motherboard hadn't died so I could post my pictures - I am jelous!

Anyway - I must ask - the birdhouse next to the polar bear. It's darling but what's with the writing on the roof? What does it mean? I ask, because I actually saw a life size one just like that with the same writing while traveling over the holidays in someone's yard and I thought it was cute but I didn't get the message. What cryptic thing am I missing?

Happy post-holidays to you and your family. The Star looks great - even on my red tree. Thank you so much for making me one!

Meg said...

Rock City is a tourist attraction in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Painting "See Rock City" on barns throughout the area was a way of advertising. I'm sure there's somewhere that has factually accurate info...anyway, I lived in Chattanooga for a number of years and my dad got me that ornament. They're also sold as decorative birdhouses too! Sadly, I never did make it to Rock City--even though you can see seven states from there!