Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm about to jinx myself

because right now Caitlin and Bobby are keeping themselves quietly entertained, and nobody is asking me for anything and nobody is screaming or crying or whining. Aaaaaahhhhhh....

The last couple of days have been stressful. Wednesdays are tough because there's so much running around. Caitlin doesn't handle all the transitions well and I end up getting frustrated with her. I feel like we're always running late and Wednesdays really leave no margin for error. I've had children (or at least one child) for the last seven years--you think I'd get a handle on this by now. But no, we're always rushing to get out the door, and somehow we lose five to seven minutes in the time it takes us to go out the door and get in the car. Sometimes we're early--like thirty minutes early. Usually we're about two minutes late, and it frustrates the hell out of me.

My Shelfari bookshelf at the top of the blog looks like I knocked over the parenting section of the local store. I've been reading all of those books, and while they've been enlightening, I feel like I need a period of relative calm so that I can come up with strategies to deal with our pitfalls. We've been in constant crisis mode, and that is not a good time to try to figure out the root of the problem.

Moment's over. I can hear the dog finishing the kids' lunches.

No comments: