Friday, September 13, 2013

Catching My Breath


Sometimes the Back to School routine is like playing in the ocean.  You see the wave coming, and you think you're ready to ride on top of it, but you misjudge. Instead of a fun ride along the top of the wave, you get pummeled by the wave.

I've been down underneath that wave this past week.  Getting turned upside down, feeling my lungs start to scream for air as I wait for enough calm to right myself and break the surface.

So I'm breathing now.  Before I go to work and then head off for a weekend of camping with the girl scouts.
On the beach, no less!

I'll be back next Monday with my Twitterature reads.  And after that, I'm going to attempt to make a workable rhythm for this new season.

Happy weekend, friends!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I love Ann Patchett and haven't read either of these books. Can't wait to add them to my list!

Stacey said...

I love Ann Patchett and haven't read either of these books. Can't wait to add them to my list!

Amy Lynn said...

I have Someday, Someday, Maybe on hold at the public library. I have never watched even one episode of Gilmore Girls, so I have no expectations, coffee or otherwise!

Also--I just read Eleanor and Park this past weekend. That first love is EXACTLY how I remember it, and it scares me to death because I have four teenagers at the moment....